1. CROWN: This point of distribution is present on everyone and is mistakenly called a "cowlick" by most men. The hair in this area can become disorganized, grow in counter directions, and will often stick up in an attempt to find a comfortable resting place.
2. PARIETAL RIDGE: The hair along the top corner often "sticks out" and seems to grow out quickly, which causes the shape of the haircut to be altered and cause frustration.
3. TEMPLE: This area encompasses a few challenges, not the least of which is the "recession," an area that, over time, can appear to become thinner and cause insecurities regarding a self-perception of "balding."
4. OVER EAR: You know how this hair starts to tickle your ears after about a week? A well-tapered and detailed haircut can prolong the life and comfort of your haircut.
5. NAPE: "Just square it off." We hear that a lot. But you have other options. A classic barbering style of a natural, tapered hairline will grow out nicely, look clean, and enhance a modern, groomed style.